Poetically Wyld

Poetic? yes. Wyld? maybe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

An Aquarius...

Friday, January 24, 2020

The End of a Decade...

Most of the New Year hubbub has died down, for everyone else, but not for me. After Christmas I am always on my birthday countdown mode. This year is especially important for me because I am closing out my third decade.

When I started this blog I was an excited, emotional, eager-to-learn and grow 26 year old. I had no clue what I wanted or where I was going or even how I was going to get there once I figured out where there was. I just knew I had a whole Leave-It-To-Beaver life waiting for me at the end of that dream.

Life has jokes. The universe looked at me and said, "Honey, please! Look here and take some damn notes!" I didn't want to take notes so the detours I had endured in my thirties left me bruised and a little beaten but I'm still here.

I am still here. I am still writing poetry. I have returned to knitting and crocheting. I have birthed 2 additional children and left a whole other relationship I had hoped would be my last. My bruises go deep. But I am learning that my strength goes deeper. I am looking forward to this new year and the start of my new decade. I must admit I am a little afraid of how deep this strength goes and what that strength can produce but if you're curious as I am, stay tuned...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home