Poetically Wyld

Poetic? yes. Wyld? maybe.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

An Aquarius...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Flashbacks

Have you ever gone back to your childhood to revisit old friends? That nostalgic feeling that almost makes you forget why you moved so far away in the first place. I had returned to my roots to recover my nephew because school let out early and I figured I would stop in to visit one of my most influential teachers from my childhood, Ms. DeBrow. She was my 5th grade teacher and she pushed me harder than any other teacher I'd ever had thus far. It helped that she had already taught both of my older brothers and my older sister long before I had stepped my foot across her door (she went on to teach my nephew - talk about making it a family affair). I graduated from her class 16 years ago this coming June. When I stopped in she was pleasantly surprised to see me. I gave her an update on my children, my nieces and my nephew. Walking down those long hallways yesterday reminded me how much of an affect the events in childhood has on a person but also showed me that you can choose not to become bitter about it. I may not be exactly where I would like to be right now, but I am definitely on the right path. So I will keep traveling and gathering companions along the way because nobody should have to travel the successful road alone. I will strive to always keep a traveling buddy with me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home